- Generics support (ActiveRecordBase<T>
& ActiveRecordValidationBase<T>) (Generics is the default in the designer)
- VB.NET seems OK (Not tested extensively).
- Auto-sensing project type (C# or VB.NET) for code generation. You don't have to
set that in the model anymore.
- New ActiveWriter Class Details toolwindow. Can be used for rapidly adding class
properties. (Idea: Ayende)
- AR validators are supported for each property (not for field, key, composite key,
timestamp or version) through a designer.
- Ability to customize the base class. You can substitude your own base class from
the editor or generate classes without a base class.
- Ability to customize the source property name for associations. This is necessary
for hierarchical objects, where they point to themselves, and using the class name
resulted in un-compilable code in previous build. (Reported By: Ayende)
- More domain consistency check through validations when opening / saving.
- Applying pluralizing rules to the table name from the entity name if not specified.
- Ability to select a property for optional DebuggerDisplay attribute.
- Ability to decorate classes with GeneratedCodeAttribute.
- No more setting Custom Tool property of an .actiw file to ActiveWriterCodeGenerator
manually after creating the file. It's done automatically. (Thanks: Bogdan Pietroiu)
- Key icon decorator on class shapes if a primary or composite key property exists
- Key icon decorator on class shapes if at least a property has validator(s) set (pure
- Connector shapes changed to a more-UML-like notation.
- Extended nullable support. You may choose between nullables through external Nullables
library (1.1 style) or native nullables usage of 2.0 framework.
- Some added properties to support changes (not all) in Castle trunk for ActiveRecordAttribute,
- Built with VS SDK v4. Includes new and improved version of DSL Tools redistributables.
- Using Output window less when doing drag-drop from Server Explorer to prevent
Known bugs / problems:
- On international versions of VisualStudio, Drag'n drop support from Server Explorer generates entitites but not properties. You may create entities manually as a workaround.
- Randomly, when you drag tables from Server Explorer, design surface gizes an error and cannot render any entities any more. You may save and re-open your .actiw file and it will catch up.
Screenshot below displays:
- Validation support
- Generic code generation
- Class details tool window
- Visual hints on diagram elements